A few tips for getting started:
- Gather recipes or ideas of food that appeal to you
- Make a list of meal ideas (entrees, sides, lunches)
- Follow a theme: meatless Monday, Friday night BBQ, crock pot dinner, breakfast for dinner, etc.
- Plan your weekly dinners
- Choose a shopping day and make a list before going to the store
- Prep components of meals so you can pair different things together
- Plan for leftovers
- Prep for tomorrow the night before
- Make a double batch and freeze food for later in the week or the month
- Block out some regular time to prep food on the weekend, your day off, or for a few minutes each evening
- Keep essential foods like beans, nuts and frozen veggies on hand.