Sweet Potato Skins with Guacamole
- 25 m
- 2 h
- Potato Skins
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Guacamole & Toppings
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Tightly wrap sweet potatoes in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until very tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Carefully unwrap and set aside to cool.
- 3Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 4Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a ¼-inch border (save the scooped-out flesh for another use). Place the sweet potato halves skin-side up on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake until browned and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5Cut each skin in half widthwise and return to the baking sheet, skin-side down. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Cheddar. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, make the guacamole: Mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in lime juice, garlic and salt.
- 7 Top each sweet potato skin with guacamole, tomato, onion and cilantro, if desired.
Recipe by eatingwell.com